Monday, August 4, 2008

Anat and Phys

I tried to sign up for anat and phys in college a few years ago, but it was already full. I took chemistry instead, which is also pretty cool stuff. I figure I would just take it in a community college summer course prior to the start of the paramedic academy. Holy shite, they want $800 for it plus lab plus books! The problem is that I live (by a few streets) out of district, which just about doubles my tuition. Scratch that idea...

I decided that I would just buy some books and do some reading on my own. Sure, it is not as good as a class, but at least it would be helpful. The first one I could find that seemed okay was one of those "idiots guides for anat and phys." Four chapters in, and the only thing the book had accomplished was giving me criteria for youtube searches to better understand concepts that were poorly explained in the book i.e. cellular respiration, cell structures, tissues, etc. Okay, scratch number 2...

Then by an act of god, I found a post somewhere that informed me that the entire semester of anat and phys class had been posted by University of CA Berkeley. SCORE!! I just play one or two 45min classes each night and take notes like I was actually in class. It has been a tremendous help!

For anyone interested, here is the link.

No comments: